Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mucho [慕求餐廳]

Visit: July 19, 2012
Address: 台北市大安區信義路四段107-1號1樓
Number:(02) 2708 - 6177
Website: http://www.muchoherb.com/

Mucho is a health conscious restaurant and it bases itself around Cordyceps sinensis, a type of fungus used in Chinese medicine. I have absolutely no idea what any of the dishes are called, but I'll do my best to describe them.


Dried Cordyceps Sinensis
Salty Vegetables and Chinese Sausage (鹹菜 & 高粱酒蜜釀冬虫夏草香腸)
Salty Vegetables and Chinese Sausage

Salad, Konjac, Sashimi, Asparagus and Plum Marinated Cherry Tomato
Salad, Konjac, Sashimi, Asparagus and Plum Marinated Cherry Tomato
Chicken Soup (蟲草燉雞湯)
Chicken Soup
The chicken soup was one of the best chicken soups I've had so far.

Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
So apparently their garlic bread is supposed to be one of the best... but I couldn't really tell what was special about it.

Japanese Hand Roll
Japanese Hand Roll
The hand roll was good, but they could have gone easier on the mayo since the avocado already makes the hand roll less dry.

Pan Seared Fish
Pan Seared Fish
The sauce lacked a bit of taste, but the fish was seared really nicely. The skin was crispy, and the meat wasn't dry.

Grated Japanese Yam Soup
Grated Japanese Yam Soup

Grilled Spring Chicken
Grilled Spring Chicken
For some reason, I was the only one who ordered the spring chicken out of everyone that day... and I was the only one who enjoyed my main course. The other option was grilled pork which everyone seemed to think was too dry and bland. The chicken however had crisp skin and really moist meat. It wasn't just an okay grilled chicken dish, it was delicious.

Cucumber and Yam Sushi
Cucumber and Yam Sushi
It tasted a bit like supermarket sushi.

Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Cake
Oh man, the chocolate cake was GODLY. I'm not just saying that because I'm surprised at how good the cake was at a tiny bakery, but I'm actually stating its awesomeness because it was genuinely amazing. The cake was really moist, and the chocolate ganache in the layers between the layers of chocolate sponge cake were rich enough. And although most sponge cakes are pretty boring, the sponge cake here had a string enough cocoa flavor to it.

I don't think I would recommend the restaurant simply because you don't really go to eat food, but you go to make yourself feel healthy without bad food. Although the food wasn't bad, the staff were a little clueless what was going on half the time, and I got the impression that the set we were enjoying probably cost a fortune.


No comments:

Post a Comment