Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Friday, August 17, 2012

Marco Polo [馬可波羅]

Visit: August 5, 2012
Address: 台北市大安區敦化南路二段201號 38F
Number: (02) 2376 - 3156
Website: http://www.feph.com.tw/pages/frontend/main.htm

Marco Polo has been getting a lot of press regarding visiting chefs and what not. In the end, publicity won...I had to go try Marco Polo.

Menu
Menu

Complimentary Bread
Complimentary Bread
The Italian flat bread was my favorite.

Appetizer - Caesar Salad (開胃菜 - 經典凱撒沙拉)
Caesar Salad

Appetizer Tuna Salad - (開胃菜 - 黃鰭鮪魚尼斯沙拉)
Tuna Salad

Appetizer - Mashed Corn in Cheese Sauce (開胃菜 - 義式玉米糕襯小黃菇佐藍紋乳酪起市醬)
Mashed Corn in Cheese Sauce
The corn thing was really good and mushy. I couldn't really taste the cheese, but the cream really complimented the corn.

Appetizer - Seared Scallops with Ham (開胃菜 - 嫩煎干貝襯青豆醬佐火腿脆片)
Seared Scallops with Ham
The scallops were nicely seared.

Soup - Vegetable Soup with Job's Tears (湯 - 青醬風味蔬菜薏仁湯)
Vegetable Soup with Job's Tears
I liked this one more out of the two choices.

Soup - Beef and Chicken Soup with Ham Ravioli (湯 - 牛肉及雞肉清湯襯義式火腿餃)
Beef and Chicken Soup with Ham Ravioli
When I saw ravioli, I was so excited!!! But the soup ended up not tasting like anything, and the ravioli didn't taste like a ravioli either.

Pasta/Risotto - Fettuccine in Cheese Meat Sauce (手工義大利麵及燉飯 - 雙色手工寬麵佐牛肉起士肉醬)
Fettuccine in Cheese Meat Sauce
This just tasted like the standard spaghetti.

Pasta/Risotto - Spaghetti in Spicy Seafood Tomato Sauce (手工義大利麵及燉飯 - 辣味番茄海鮮義大利麵)
Spaghetti in Spicy Seafood Tomato Sauce
I failed to taste anything spicy in this bland sauce.

Pasta/Risotto - Risotto with Oysters in Squid Ink (手工義大利麵及燉飯 - 檸香生蠔墨魚汁燉飯)
Risotto with Oysters in Squid Ink
Definitely get the risotto if you are given these choices.

Main - Assorted Grilled Meats (主菜 - 綜合碳烤拼盤) $990 NT
Assorted Grilled Meats
The first time my dish came, the pork rib was really really yummy, but my steak was too well done. When I told the waitress about it, she very quickly offered to make me another one. Second time around, the steak was good, but three rib was too dry.
 
Dessert - Tiramisu (義式招牌甜點 - 提拉米蘇)
Tiramisu
The tiramisu would be my choice.

Dessert -Chocolate Mousse with Strawberry Sauce (義式招牌甜點 - 黑巧克力慕斯佐草莓醬)
Chocolate Mousse with Strawberry Sauce
I'm not a big fan of mousse but I would have to admit that their mousse isn't bad.

Dessert - Chestnut Flavored Chocolate Mousse (義式招牌甜點 - 栗子風味巧克力慕斯佐肉桂波特酒)
Chestnut Flavored Chocolate Mousse
Coffee + Biscotti 
Coffee + Biscotti

I was so disappointed with...everything at Marco Polo. First off, the food was definitely not at all at a level anywhere near my favorite restaurants though I have to say, the set was extremely cheap for the amount of food we got. The staff was also very untrained. When I had my main course redone, I practically watched everyone finish their dish while mine was lying on the side neglected by the waitress because she was too busy servicing the other table. What was worse what that for some reason, the waiters weren't allowed to serve to the tables, so I saw free waiters walking in and out, but none of them would pick up my main. By the time my main course came, the rest of my family was done with lunch. I don't think I'd go to Marco Polo again. The view was great, and maybe the more expensive sets are better, but this visit was just too much of a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment