Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Monday, August 13, 2012

Just in Bistro

Visit: August 3, 2012
Address: 台北市信義區松壽路30號 (Neo 19)
Number: (02) 8786 - 2000
Website: http://justinquek.com/jbwb.html

I've actually been to Just in Bistro before, but it was quite a disappointment. This time around, I was hoping that it would redeem itself.

Menu
Just in Bistro Business Lunch Menu

Beetroot and Orange Salad with Balsamic Dressing (甜菜根、柳橙沙拉佐巴薩米克醬汁)
Beetroot and Orange Salad with Balsamic Dressing
The balsamic vinegar dressing was pretty refreshing.

Grilled Squid Salad with Lima Bean ,Lemon and Anchovy Dressing (炭烤花枝沙拉搭配白腰豆佐檸檬鯷魚醬汁)
Grilled Squid Salad with Lima Bean ,Lemon and Anchovy Dressing 

Roasted Duck Breast with Figs and Sauternes Sauce (炙烤宜蘭豪野鴨胸佐無花果葡萄乾醬汁)
Roasted Duck Breast with Figs and Sauternes Sauce
Although the sauce was decent, the duck breast was so tough! The pinkness of the meat promised such a delicious main course, but it was like chewing duck jerky or something.

Casareccia Pasta with Bacon, Mushroom and Basil Tomato Sauce (綜合有機菇培根辮子麵佐番茄羅勒醬汁)
Casareccia Pasta with Bacon, Mushroom and Basil Tomato Sauce 

Baked Vanilla Cheese Cake with Mango Foam and Sorbet (烤起司蛋糕搭配水果冰沙佐芒果泡沫)
Baked Vanilla Cheese Cake with Mango Foam and Sorbet
The cheesecake was pretty good, though the crust wasn't as crumbly as I would've liked it to be.

Dessert du Jour - Warm Valrhona Bitter Dark Chocolate Cake with Homemade Ice Cream (今日甜點 - 溫法芙娜巧克力蛋糕與自創冰淇淋)
Dessert du Jour - Warm Valrhona Bitter Dark Chocolate Cake with Homemade Ice Cream
The chocolate cake is actually a molten chocolate cake. It's one of the better ones I've had so far. Because of the dark chocolate factor, the sweetness and molteness of the cake isn't overwhelming.

"Le Creuset" Skillets Souffle : Seasonal Fresh Fruit Compote and Apricot Cream ("Le Creuset" 煎烤季節水果舒芙蕾佐杏桃奶霜) $ 480 NT
"Le Creuset" Skillets Souffle : Seasonal Fresh Fruit Compote and Apricot Cream 
I remember the last time I was here, I couldn't keep my eyes off of the huge souffle lying on the table top next to ours. Even though neither my date nor I were hungry, I was determined to order the big big souffle. The size was very impressive, but the souffle wasn't moist enough and tasted pretty average. Joyce East's souffle is definitely still my favorite.

Once again, Just in Bistro failed to impress me. Other than the failed duck breast, the food here seems average and although I wouldn't rush back here again, I guess it's not a restaurant I would actively avoid either.

No comments:

Post a Comment