Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tim & Mel - Pâtisserie & Bistro

Visit: June 7, 2012
Address: 台北市仁愛路四段345巷四弄39號
Number: (02) 2752-1829

I've actually come across Tim & Mel several times while I was surfing on the web, but it was always about their afternoon tea and desserts. So when my friend suggested this bistro for dinner, I hesitated a bit but agreed anyways.

Spiced Wagyu Beef Salad with Balsamic Reduction (和牛肉蔬果沙拉奶油芥茉醬) $480 NT
Spiced Wagyu Beef Salad with Balsamic Reduction
I didn't expect my salad to be anything special, but hey it was actually very good. The beef was cooked just right and seasoned nicely.

Pan Crisped Chicken Pasta (潘翠雞義大利麵) $380 NT
Pan Crisped Chicken Pasta
My friend's pasta was likewise better than I thought it would be. The chicken was surprisingly tender and the sauce was also pretty good.

Classic Cheese Cake (起司蛋糕) $130 NT
Classic Cheese Cake
Since I saw so much about their desserts online, I was hoping for something amazingly awesome. But I guess since we went for dinner.. most of the cakes were gone and so we ware only stuck with a few choices. The cheesecake was good but nothing out of the ordinary. The crust was hard enough for me, and the cheesecake filling was also rich enough for my liking.

Although Tim & Mel is generally known for their desserts. the desserts did not particularly wow me today. Perhaps it was the lack of variety or something, but I'd recommend this tiny bistro for its food. The store itself is really tiny and even though I didn't need to make reservations, I'd suggest you make them since it seats around ten people only.

No comments:

Post a Comment