Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Monday, July 30, 2012

a little bit of reflection...

It's been almost eight months since I've started the food blog. Food has always been my way of relieving stress. No, I'm not talking about binge eating or anything like that, but more like trying different types of food and restaurants. When I first got into this "business", I was obsessed about trying every single one of the restaurants I've ever caught wind of. It didn't matter whether or not the restaurants were worth it, I just had a dying urge to experience everything, and every single restaurant to me was worth getting into a fight over. 

Now though, I've had time to think back. Food. In the end food goes through your digestive system, your body does what it has to do, then it's pooped right back out. Honestly, any lasting effects? Not really. It's a bit of a temporary satisfaction don't you think? 

Yet, currently, in the middle of a Sunday night during my most carefree summer vacation, I'm sitting here in front of my laptop, sipping on a bit of wine and rapidly trying to catch up on the food posts I've been so behind on. I don't know how many readers are out there, and I suspect there are probably none who are following my blog. But hey, who gives? There are millions of similar blogs out there. I guess in the end, I write for me and anyone who has a little rumbly in the tumbly :D. I blog for those pleasant memories associated with the food. Each time I try to recount the taste of each dish and the dining experience for each restaurant, I remember the conversations I've had over the steaks and the laughter that was passed around the table. 

This is a slightly meaningless blog post. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope food brings you as many sweet memories as it has brought me, and that I hope this food blog is helping you achieve just that. So keep eating~

Cheers,
 a blogger with a rumbly tumbly. 


1 comment:

  1. appreciate the effort. Your food photos are great

    ReplyDelete