Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Monday, July 30, 2012

Guang Ze Noodles (Pa Ding Wu) [廣澤擔仔麵(冇冇有擔仔麵)]

Visit: June 21, 2012
Address: 台北市士林區福華路10號 (Next to ZhiShan MRT Station)
Number: (02) 2836 - 8988

I've always passed by this pretty well regarded Taiwanese restaurant, though I've never actually been to it. There were a few times when I had takeouts from the restaurant, but you know how takeouts are, they're never as good. To satisfy my own appetite and to take my thong-wearing visiting Aussie friend somewhere to eat, we (...well I) decided to come here. My goal of the meal: to make him eat as many weird things as possible.

Menu 
Menu
Cripsy Intestines (脆皮肥腸) $200 NT
Crispy Intestines
Even though many Taiwanese restaurants serve this dish, I've actually never had it before. Verdict? Not bad (:

Shrimp in Fried Chinese Dough (百花油條) $160 NT
Shrimp in Fried Chinese Dough
Once again, another new dish for me to try. It was quite interesting and delicious. The shrimp paste is first stuffed into the fried chinese dough or fritter (translating isn't my strong suite) and then stir fried in this sweet and sour orange sauce.

Yam Leaves Stir Fried with Preserved Eggs (皮蛋炒地瓜葉) $100 NT
Yam Leaves Stir Fried with Preserved Eggs
The dish looks and sounds interesting, but honestly, it just tastes like stir fried yam leaves.

 Pig Liver (粉肝) $100 NT
Pig Liver
Not bad, but not the best. Lv Sang [呂桑食堂] is still the best.


Taiwanese Braised Pork Rice aka Lu Rou Fan (招牌滷肉飯) $25 NT
Taiwanese Braised Pork Rice (Lu Rou Fan)

I've actually heard a lot about the pork rice here. I mean seriously, look at those juicy fatty chunks of meat~ The braised pork rice was yum yum yum!

Guang Ze Noodles actually used to be called Pa Ding Wu, but for one reason or another, it changed its name. The restaurant did indeed live up to its reputation, though as I've said said before, Lv Sang [呂桑食]堂 is still my favorite. I'd recommend this simple little Taiwanese restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment