Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Shing Peng Lai Restaurant [興蓬萊台菜海鮮餐廳]

Visit: May 25, 2012
Address: 台北市士林區中山北路7段165號
Number: (02) 2877-1168
Website: http://www.splr.com.tw/
Ah, I know that this is LONG overdue, but I completely forgot about it. :/

Menu

Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.



Lungs and Liver in Sesame Oil (麻油雙腰)
Lungs and liver in Sesame oil
I'm not the biggest fan of this type of sesame oil. Although I'm not quite fond of the liver and lung of the pig, the insides were actually okay in this dish.

Chicken (白片放山雞)
Chicken
Man, the chicken is just so good. The meat was not dry at all and contained quite a bit of moisture while the skin is just nicely slippery without being overly oily.

Fried Pork Ribs (招牌排骨酥) $150 NT/Piece
Fried Pork Ribs
This must be my favorite dish of the entire night. I've never ever had such crisply fried ribs before. MUST ORDER!

Fried Oysters (香炸鮮蚵)
Fried Oysters
Once again, the restaurant really does know how to fry their foods. Loved the fried basil :D


Fried Tofu (香炸豆腐)
Fried Tofu
To me, the tofu wasn't all too special since it was quite bland, but as far as the crispiness goes, it was quite good.

Stir Fried Rice Noodle (肉絲炒米粉)
Stir Fried Rice Noodle
I'm not that fond of rice noodles, so the dish was just okay to me. But I think a lot of people really enjoyed the dish, especially with the sweet potatos also fried into it.

Hong Kong Style Fried Rice (燒臘飯)
Hong Kong Style Fried Rice
This type of rice is extremely oily... but it's definitely worth it. There are bits of Chinese sausages, spring onion, and minced pork belly in the rice. It's like discovering little pieces of treasure :D

Complimentary ICEE
Icy Dessert
Overall, I would say that the restaurant is very authentic in its Taiwanese food. I definitely recommend this restaurant, though keep in mind that it's not the classiest place ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment