Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Antoine's Room [安東廳]

Visit: June 11, 2012

Address: 台北市中正區忠孝東路一段12號 2F
Number: (02) 2321-1818
Website: http://www.sheraton-taipei.com/english/r_antoine.htm


The best excuse to eat - birthday celebration. So yup, after enjoying our last visit at Antoine's Room, we decided to have dinner here to celebrate my sister's birthday.


Menu

Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.



Complimentary Bread
Complimentary Bread
When I saw the cheese butter, I was so excited!!! But... just stick with the original butter.

Antoine/Classically - Amuse Bouche (開胃小點)
Amuse Bouche
The triangular fried thing on the very right reminded me of a samosa haha.

Antoine - Chef's Special Seafood Salad with Citrus Jelly (主廚特製海鮮盤佐柚凍)
Chef's Special Seafood Salad with Citrus Jelly

Classically - Pate of Duck Liver with Truffle Puff Pastry and Garden Salad (松露鴨肝醬脆皮千層沙拉)
Pate of Duck Liver with Truffle Puff Pastry and Garden Salad
Oh my was it flavorful~ I'm usually more into seared duck lived, but the puff pastry combined with the foie gras was definitely awesome.

Antoine - Pan-fried Silver Grant Fish with Sea Urchin Sauce (嫩煎雞仔魚佐海膽醬汁)
 Pan-fried Silver Grant Fish with Sea Urchin Sauce
The mashed potato was silky, and the fish so crispy.

Classically - Steamed Morel Mushroom Egg Flan Garnished with Salmon Roe (羊肚菌鮭魚卵蒸蛋)
Steamed Morel Mushroom Egg Flan Garnished with Salmon Roe


Antoine - Mushroom Cappuccino Soup with Truffle (蘑菇松露卡布奇諾湯)
Mushroom Cappuccino Soup with Truffle
It was really nice how you could actually taste the truffle in the soup.

Classically - Watercress Soup with Truffle Ravioli (水田芥湯搭露餃)
Watercress Soup with Truffle Ravioli 
Don't miss your chance for the rare awesome opportunity of ravioli!


Antoine - Roasted Spring Chicken and Couscous Meant Jus (爐烤春雞搭非小米佐肉汁)
Roasted Spring Chicken and Couscous Meat Jus
I think by now, my stomach was already near exploding. But hey, it's worth it.

Classically - Braised Boston Lobster and Alaska King Crabmeat with Saffrom Sauce (嫩悶波士頓龍蝦襯阿拉斯加帝王蟹佐紅花海鮮汁)
Braised Boston Lobster and Alaska King Crabmeat with Saffrom Sauce
The plating was so cute while the food was also very good.


Antoine/Classically - Home-made Sherbet (安東特質沙碧)
Home-made Sherbet
A bit of sherbet to clear your palette... though perhaps a little bit too sweet.

Antoine - Grilled U.S. Rib Eye Steak with Red Wine Sauce (炭烤肋眼牛佐紅酒醬汁)
Grilled U.S. Rib-Eye Steak with Red Wine Sauce
The potatoes on the side were cooked so crisply on the outside without being too dry. The steak was also cooked just right. It was also nice because the fat in the rib-eye was easy to avoid when I was trying to cut around it.


Classically - Grilled Lamb Chop with Green Peppercorn Sauce (炭烤特級羊排佐青胡椒醬汁)
Grilled Lamb Chop with Green Peppercorn Sauce
The lamb was nicely cooked though I'm not sure if I liked the sauce all that much. It reminded me a bit of like soy sauce.

Beef Wellington in Tofu Skin
Beef Wellington in Tofu Skin
Okay, so when we first came to the restaurant, we were actually offered another menu that came with the beef wellington. And well, when I saw the words "beef wellington", I couldn't resist and made them replace my main course with the beef wellington. I've been searching Taipei up and down trying to find a restaurant that served beef wellington. But to my disappointment, when it was served... Antoine's Room decided to make its own version of wellington... one that was wrapped in deep dried tofu skin. As much as the Beef Wellington was good, I'm sure you could probably imagine my sadness ;(

Classically - Hazelnut Souffle (榛果舒芙雷)
Hazelnut Souffle
While not all of us ordered the "Classically" set, we ended up all switching our desserts to the souffle in order to satisfy our sweet tooth. The souffle was one of the better ones I've had in Taipei so far, but I think Joyce East still wins.

I would definitely recommend Antoine's Room for those looking for a nice restaurant. Although the price range is a little bit high, I would say that the food was worth it. The service was spectacular, and the waitresses were willing to comply with our many (probably annoying) requests with a smile, which is not something that I've seen very often. The food was also very good with a really nice and classy atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment