Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Labaz [辣霸子]

Visit: April 1, 2012
Address: 台北市士林區中山北路5段439號
Number: (02)2881-1188

The only other time I've spicy mala hotpot was at  辣中間 (la zhong jian), which according to my friend was bad. So as a dedicated spicy eaters, we ended up trying a new hotpot restaurant, Labaz.

Labaz is an all-you-can-eat hotpot location and it splits all of its pots so you can have two different types of soup. They offer four types: the Classic Mala Hotpot, Kimchi Hotpot, Sour Cabbage Hotpot, and Class Hotpot. On this particular day, I went for the Mala Hotpot and one that I've never had - the Sour Cabbage Hotpot.

The Hotpot
Left : Sour Cabbage Hotpot, Right: Mala Hotpot

food

food
 What I enjoyed most at Labaz were the duck blood blocks and the beef tendons. The beef tendons taste amazing when you throw them into the mala hotpot. The tendons were chewy but not rubbery, and with the flavoring from the mala hotpot, they were just yummy. I recommend that you throw the veggies, fish/meat balls into the sour cabbage pot, and the meat and other blander items into the mala side of the hotpot.

I'm so glad that I decided to get off my lazy butt and go enjoy an afternoon of mala hotpot that day. Although I was extremely turned off by the fact that the utensils were all disposable, the food and service were both awesome. For a price of $399 NT, Labaz is somewhere that those who appreciate chili should try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment