Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Danieli's [丹耶澧義大利餐廳]

Visit: March 29, 2012
Address: 台北市南京東路三段133號1F
Number: (02) 8770-6565
Website: http://www.westin.com.tw/01_text.asp?sn=26 

I was originally planning on having my birthday at Danieli's, but by the time I got around to reserving a room, the rooms were all full. Ever since then, I haven't had the chance to come by to try it until now.

Menu


Complimentary Bread
Complimentary Bread
I love love loved the baked garlic although I thought that the ones at prime 168 were actually a little better. Clockwise from the garlic were: yam bread, baguette, and cheese bread. The bread with the yam was a little too bland, while the cheese bread was just what I wanted.

Pan-fried Duck Liver - with apple chutney and raspberry vinegar reduction (嫩煎鵝肝襯特製蘋果醬佐濃縮覆盆子汁 $620 NT
Pan-Fried Duck Liver
The duck liver tasted pretty yummy without being too overly oily. However, the pieces of raisins in there were a little weird. The taste of cinnamon and five spice were also a bit too strong for my liking.

Roasted Veal Tenderloin - with oven roasted sliced tomato and smoked mozzarella cheese, sliced rosemary potato, zucchini and asparagus, marsala wine sauce (爐烤番茄乳酪小牛菲力襯蒜味節瓜蘆筍佐瑪莎拉醬汁) $880NT
Roasted Veal Tenderloin
 I always order my beef medium rare, but when they first served the veal, it was done past even just medium. However, the waitress was really nice about it when I returned the dish, and the second time around, another waiter came to ask if the beef was okay. When i first saw that the veal would be served with cheese, I was a little worried about how it would taste, but it ended up being awesome. I really liked the marsala sauce, and I kept secretly wishing that there was more of it.

Home Made Ravioli - stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach, mushroom sauce, fresh fresee salad and parma ham, virgin olive oil and parsley (手工菠菜奶油起司餃襯帕馬火腿) $680 NT
Home Made Ravioli
I've never had a ravioli before, but because it seems/looks so cool, I had really high expectations. However, I was a little disappointed with how although good, but ordinary it tasted. The parma ham went really well with the ravioli because although the insides were cheesy, the ravioli wasn't very salty.

Chef Signature Dessert - Tiramisu, Warm Chocolate Fondant, Apple Pie, Creme Brulee (主廚精選義式綜合甜點) $480 NT
Chef Signature Dessert from left: Warm Chocolate Fondant, Creme Brulee, Apple Pie, Tiramisu
 Overall, the dessert platter was really yummy, except some parts of it were just a little random. The sesame cookies on both the chocolate fondant and apple pie were yummy, but I was just a little confused as to what they were doing there. The same goes for the fig on the chocolate fondant. The creme brulee was not caramelized at all. The crust of the apple pie wasn't stale, but I would have preferred not to have the whipped cream on there. The tiramisu was also yummy without the sogginess of the usual failed ones.

Overall, Danieli's was good, but I'm not completely sure I would pay so much for the food. I feel like I could get a much better beef and better ravioli at the same price. I'm not sure if I would recommend Danieli's, but I definitely don't regret coming here.


No comments:

Post a Comment