Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lacuz Thai Fusion Cuisine

Visit: March 24, 2012
Address: 台北市中山北路五段437號
Number: (02) 2883-2959
Website: http://www.lacuz.com.tw/ 

Every time I pass by Lacuz, I've always wondered about what the restaurant was like. Finally, when I was delegated the task of picking a restaurant for a little gathering, I chose Lacuz.

Menu


Fried Moon Shrimp & Calamari Cake (月亮蝦餅)
Fried Moon Shrimp & Calamari Cake
The fried moon cake had too little of the shrimps and calamaris, and so it was a little bit like eating fried dough.

Fried Preserved Eggs with Thai Sauce (泰式炸皮蛋)
Fried Preserved Eggs with Thai Sauce
I honestly don't think drying the eggs made much of a difference, but the sauce drizzled on top of the preserved eggs was pretty good.

Fried Chicken with Pepper Sauce (雲拌椒麻雞)
Fried Chicken with Pepper Sauce
 I can never get enough of the thai fried chicken. The friend chicken at Lacuz was really tender, but because the fried chicken is in the sauce, the skin became a little soggy after a while.

Fried Chicken with Pepper Sauce (香蘭葉包雞)
Fried Chicken with sauce
 I'm not sure why this and the previous dish have the same English names in the menu, because they tasted drastically different.I didn't like this dish very much because it was too oily without being crispy at all, and the sauce was a little too sweet for the chicken. It was just a weird combination.

Stir-Fried Chicken with Chili (泰式辣炒雞肉)
Stir-Fried Chicken with Chili
 I wasn't completely sure what I was expecting the stir-fried chicken to turn out like, but I was definitely not expecting this. Since its name had the word "chili" and since I was dining at a Thai restaurant, when this dish came, I didn't even realize that this was the stir-fried chicken with chili. The chicken didn't taste Thai at all, but instead tasted like bad Chinese.

Stir-Fried Chicken with Green Curry (綠咖哩雞)
Stir-Fried Chicken with Green Curry
Fried Rice with Pineapple & Curry (夏威夷鳳梨炒飯) 
Fried Rice with Pineapple & Curry
 I've never had pineapple fried rice with curry. Although the fried rice itself was okay, the curry added a nice little twist to it.

Pad Thai (緬式炒河粉)
Pad Thai
 The pad thai was kind of bad...

Fried Chicken with Satay Sauce (南洋沙嗲雞)
Fried Chicken with Satay Sauce

 I was expecting beef skewers, but instead this was just like stir fried chicken.

Thai Style Meat Rolled with Chez (墨式起司辣捲)
Thai Style Meat Rolled with Chez
 I did not expect such a non-Thai dish to appear at Lacuz. The skin was fried to crispy, and the flavoring was okay.

Water Spinach with Shrimp Sauce (蝦醬空心菜)
Water Spinach with Shrimp Sauce
 Although the spinach was standard, it was actually pretty good.

Stir-Fried Eggplant with Yunnan Sauce (雲南茄子)
Stir-Fried Eggplant with Yunan Suace
 The eggplants were in "yunnan sauce"...so how is this in any way thai? They were yummy though.

Green Papaya Salad (青木瓜沙律)
Green Papaya Salad
 I think I could have finished the entire dish in around 3 bites.

Steam Fish with Lemon Sauce (清蒸檸檬魚片)
Steam Fish with Lemon Sauce
 I liked the sauce but the fillets of fish were still a little bland.

Thai Curry Crab (泰式咖哩炒蟹塊)
Thai Curry Crab
 Out of all the curries, I enjoyed the thai curry crab the most. However, it was kind of weird because the crabs weren't fried long enough beforehand, and so the crab shells was borderline edible.

Thai Curry Beef Tender (緬式咖哩牛腩)

Thai Curry Beef Tender
Once again, this didn't really taste like Thai Food. 
 
Fried Toast with Chez & Fruit Sauce (果香炸立方)
Fried Toast with Chez & Fruit Sauce
 The fried toast was literally fried toast...but it was unexpectedly yummy. The sauce though, was pretty nasty.

Considering how it was only $460 NT per person, I would say this was a pretty good deal. Although it's all you can eat, you actually order your food. Although this wasn't the best dining experience or the most authentic Thai food I've ever tasted at all, Lacuz is worth a try. Most of the food they serve are okay and not nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment