Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Thursday, March 15, 2012

VVG Bon Bon [好樣棒棒]

Visit: March 10, 2012
Address: 台北市大安區敦化南路一段161巷13號
Number: (02)2711-4505
Website: http://www.vvgbbb.com.tw/index_ch.html

When i first saw the picture of the chocolate marshmallow cake, I fell in love immediately. For a sugar freak and chocoholic like me, this was the ideal cake: fudge+chocolate+marshmallow. I made it my food goal to taste this slice of mouthwatering cake. I can now safely say that I've achieved my goal.

Surroundings
 VVG Bon Bon is one of those extremely cute little dessert places where you feel like you're transported back to your childhood.


They had really cute cupcakes, but I didn't order them because everyone who has been here, seemed to dislike the cupcakes.


  
Menu


Marshmallow & Chocolate Cake (棉花糖巧克力蛋糕) $220 NT
Marshmallow & Chocolate Cake
The marshmallow & chocolate cake did not disappoint. The fudge was extremely rich and fudgey with airy pieces of marshmallow balancing the heavy chocolate. However, unlike usual fudge cakes, this one actually retained its shape when we cut into it...just a random observation. The chocolate cake on the bottom is simply a traditional chocolate cake. I felt like the ice cream was a little too sweet for the cake, and by the time they served us the cake, the ice cream was already half melted.

Lemon with Passion Granite (檸檬百香果碎碎冰) $200 NT 
Lemon with Passion Granite
 We weren't going to order anything else, but we had to satisfy the minimum spending. The lemon with passion granite was yummy, but a  little too sweet and sour for my liking after the rich marshmallow cake. The ice cream on top was also an overkill because it just clashed with the attempted sorbet taste of the crushed ice.

I would definitely recommend VVG Bon Bon for its rich marshmallow chocolate cake. Although it's a really girly restaurant, there were male diners with female companions. I actually think that the guys secretly enjoy the girliness of the restaurant (:

No comments:

Post a Comment