Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Monday, March 19, 2012

Salut [灑綠茶館]

Visit: March 11, 2012
Address: 台北市仁愛路四段266巷8弄2號
Number: (02)2325-6878
Website: http://www.salut.com.tw/main.htm

On this particular afternoon, my friend made reservations for Salut to celebrate her birthday. Knowing me, I had already researched Salut before entering the restaurant and sadly did not like it. However, I decided to attempt to enjoy this afternoon with an open mind.

Menu
 
Afternoon Tea Set for 2 (灑綠下午茶 2 人份) $580 NT
Afternoon Tea Set for 2
Afternoon Tea Set -  Egg Salad Sandwich (玉米蛋沙拉三明治), Tomato Bruschetta (義式番茄片) and  Seafood Quiche (海鮮酥盒)
Egg Salad Sandwich, Tomato Bruschetta, Seafood Quiche
Our of all of these, the sandwich was my favorite. I really liked how they toasted their bread with a waffle maker. There's also a lot of substance in the sandwich instead of a simple slice of ham and cheese. The seafood quiche was also quite enjoyable.

Afternoon Tea Set - Cookies (手工餅乾), Madeleine Cake (瑪德連)and Fruit Tart (水果塔)
Cookies, Madeleine Cake and Fruit Tart
 The madeleine cake was way too dry for my liking, and the fruit tart wasn't all that yummy either. Out of the three, the cookie was the only decent one.


Afternoon Tea Set - Mont Blanc (蒙布朗) and Lemon Cheese Cake (香檸起士)
Mont Blanc and Lemon Cheese Cake
When I looked at their collection of cakes, I was so disappointed with how everything consisted a significant amount of mousse. I tried ordering the lemon cheese cake to get away from the mousse, but even over half of the cheese cake was made of lemon mousse. The mont blanc was also pretty horrible, because it just tasted like sweet whipped cream.

Afternoon Tea Set - The a l Opera (歌劇綠茶) +20 NT and Fresh Fruit Tea (水果茶) + 30 NT
The a l Opera
The tea was good, except I wished that there were tea leaves in the pots and that they would refill the tea pot instead of simply pouring tea in our teapot when they first served it.


Fruit Waffle Set (水果鬆餅) $160 NT 
Fruit Waffle Set
 The waffle was decent but had nothing special to it.

Quiche Set - Spinach and Bacon (菠菜培根鹹派) $130 NT
Spinach and Bacon Quiche
 I enjoyed the crust of the quiche, but overall, the quiche was just okay.


Tiramisu (提拉米蘇) $90 NT
Tiramisu
 The bottom layer of cake was soggy and the mousse was pretty greasy.

Chocolate Mousse (巧克力伯爵幕斯) $90NT
Chocolate Mousse
 Once again, this was just greasy mousse. There's a really tiny piece of cake in the middle of the chocolate mousse, but it definitely wasn't enough to offset he greasiness.

Berry Mousse Cake $90 NT
Berry Mousse Cake
 I was expecting a lighter version of the other cakes, but this was once again pretty heavy. By now, I felt pretty grossed out by all the mousse.

Molten Chocolate Cake (岩溶巧克力蛋糕盤)$120 NT
before
Molten Chocolate Cake
after 
Molten Chocolate Cake
The molten chocolate cake was yummy and was my favorite cake out of the huge selection we ordered.

Beef Lasagna (茄汁牛肉千層麵) $280 NT


Beef Lasagna
 The beef lasagna didn't exactly taste like a lasagna. It wasn't bad, but it had a pretty weird taste.

Baked Rice with Chicken in Red Coconut Curry Sauce (紅咖哩雞焗烤飯) $270 NT
Baked Rice with Chicken in Red Coconut Curry
 The only thing I enjoyed about this dish was the cheese on top. The rice was soggy, and I could barely taste the curry sauce. The chickens were kind of random scattered throughout the rice.

Salut is definitely not somewhere I would go again or anywhere that I would recommend to anyone. You do get a lot considering how much you pay for the food, but there are yummy but cheap places out there. I would've liked cakes without mousse and actual salty food instead of things they sprinkle cheese on then stuff into the oven. Although I had a pleasant day at Salut with my friends, I wasn't satisfied at all with the food.



No comments:

Post a Comment