Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Osteria by Angie

Visit: March 19, 2012
Address: 台北市大安區光復南路280巷33號
Number: (02)2711-0385
Website: http://www.osteria.com.tw/ 

Finally, I convinced my parents to take me to Osteria :)

 Complimentary Bread
Complimentary Bread
The bread was just a little bit too dry.

Selezioni di formaggi - Assorted Italian Cheeses (綜合義式起司拼盤) $780 NT
Selezioni di formaggi
The assorted cheeses were all very good. My favorite would be the mozzarella, but honestly, this is just personal preference. The very yummy chewy but not dry bread slices served on the side is just like a plain pizza without the cheese. The platter was also served with cauliflower and bell peppers in some sort of vinegar as well as olives, marinated tomatoes and nuts. This was a nice way to start off my meal.


Fegato grasso - Pan seared duck foie gras with mushroom, glazed apricot, Chianti reduction (煎鵝肝搭配磨菇 杏桃 紅酒醬汁) $520 NT
Fegato graso
The seasoning of the foie gras and the mushrooms were really nicely balanced. The glazed apricot also went really well with the goie gras. However, the felt that the foie gras was a little too oily.


Agnolotti Plin - Piedmont style agnolotti filled with veal and pork, porcini mushroom sauce (手工義大利餃 內餡小牛雞豬肉 搭配牛肝菌醬汁) $550 NT
Agnolotti Plin
I really liked the agnolotti and how the minced pork and veal was not overpowered by the sauce it was cooked it. I can't imagine how much work it must have taken to make all of these.


Risotto ai funghi - Risotto mushroom with braised beef shank in red wine (磨菇牛肉紅酒燉飯) $500 NT
Risotto ai funghi
The risotto was extremely disappointing. Although the seasoning wasn't bad, the texture of the rice was just off and resembled nothing like a risotto. In the end though, we didn't even end up finishing and instead returned it because my dad discovered a little piece of rock in the risotto with the help of his teeth. It was a pretty loud crunch.


Prosciutto e rucola - Tomato, mozzarella cheese, rocket salad and Parma ham (番茄醬汁 水牛馬芝拉起司 芝騰葉 帕瑪火腿) $600 NT
Proscuitto e rucola
 The pizza wasn't bad, but I wasn't a huge fan of it either. There was nothing special to it in terms of its taste and it was a little too oily for my liking. The crust though, was amazing.


Osteria - Black truffle, seasonal mushroom, frisee lettuce, Parmigiano Reggiano (夏日黑松露 時節磨菇 綠捲鬚萵苣 帕瑪森起司) $2000 NT
Osteria Truffle Pizza
 This would be the most expensive pizza I have ever ordered or tasted in my life...but I would say that it was worth it. There were generous amounts of black truffle slices over the pizza and contrary to usual truffle dishes, I could actually smell the black truffle. The slices of cheese also went really well with the pizza. Although the pizza was still a little bit oily, I definitely did not mind it because the seasoning and the texture of the entire pizza was just awesome.


Selezione di dolci della casa - Osteria dessert combination (for 2 persons) (綜合家常甜點平盤 2人份) $580 NT
selezione di dolci della casa
 I've realized that recently, I've had my fair share of bad tiramisu's. However, the tiramisu at Osteria was neither soggy nor overly sweet. Finally, a tiramisu I enjoyed. Out of the two scoops of chocolate and coffee ice cream to the left of the tiramisu, I enjoyed the coffee one the most. It had a really strong coffee taste and wasn't disgustingly sweet. The chocolate cake above the ice cream was warm and slightly molten inside. Eat it before it cools down!The panna cotta to the right of the chocolate cake was just your usual panna cotta over slices of fruit.

I would definitely recommend Osteria. The restaurant was small with attentive waiters and had a really chill and laid back atmosphere. The food was good even though the price range was a little higher than normal. And if you're up for it, ordering the black truffle pizza wouldn't hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment