Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Silk Road Feast [絲路宴]

Visit: March 10, 2012
Address: 台北市南京東路三段133號B1 (Westin Hotel)
Number: (02) 8770-6565
Website: http://www.westin.com.tw/01_text.asp?sn=27

After being forced to wake up at a horrible hour of 5 in the morning to attend some family errands, my mom decided reward me with breakfast at the Westin Hotel's new restaurant - Silk Road Feast. Fearing that they wouldn't have seats, I tried making reservations a few days prior, only to find out that they didn't take reservations for breakfast. However, all that seemed fine because those having breakfast seemed like hotel guests, instead of food lovers like me.

I've seen a lot of cute pictures online, but seeing the cutely renovated restaurant in person really brightened my mood. There were 4 seating areas with different themes: one with bar stools, one with normal buffet tables, another with slender coffee tables and a plush sofa area. On the particular day, my mom and I were in the area with bar stools.

The surroundings...


The buffet area is in the middle of the room

The food...


Green tea
I ordered a pot of green tea to start my day off with. The green tea seemed to be mixed with some sort of wheat which made it really nice and hearty. You could also order practically any type of coffee. For those who would like to stay away from caffeine, there's a tiny bar at the buffet where they blend fresh juices in whatever combination you want them to.

More food...
Freshly made omelet: egg white omelet with mushroom, tomato and cheese
 There's a chef who stands there and makes omelets. There aren't that many choices of toppings though.

Mexican Wrap
Mexican wrap
 There's also a chef who makes some sort of freshly made Mexican wrap. He wraps everything, then melts the cheese within and toasts the tortilla on a grill. It was yummy. :D


 The Bread and Butter pudding was really good even though I guess it isn't the best way to start my morning with. The ham as well as the bacon were also nicely flavored and the bacon was extremely crisp. I really liked how they separated the soft bacon from the crispy ones so that we wouldn't need to dig through everything to find the type of bacon we're looking for.

 They have a cheese section as well. There's this type of bread with cheese bits inside that I really enjoyed. The mini cinnamon roll was also really yummy.

 The unflavored oatmeal they had was rich and creamy with milk. The blueberry danish pastry and the bacon cheese pastry were both better than those at usual breakfast buffets.

The Cream de cassis panna cotta wasn't all that amazing. But it's really cute.

There was also this Indian curry that was really yummy. The pork was stewed so that it practically melted in your mouth.

 I was really impressed with the Silk Road Feast. Before they completely changed the restaurant, it always looked so old from the outside. The only thing that confused me a little was the fact that they didn't have waflles or pancakes, but I guess that's not that bad. Although there wasn't that much variety in the food, overall, I really liked the buffet. I definitely recommend the Silk Road Feast and am looking forward to try their lunch or dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment