Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Monday, March 5, 2012

Galerie Bistro [百藝畫廊]

Visit: Mar. 3, 2012
Address: 台北市大同區南京西路25巷2號
Number: (02) 2558 - 0096
Website: www.galeriebistro.com/main.html

Despite a night of Spanish food at La Caja de Musica, I wasn't satisfied without dessert. Finally, after half an hour walking around the area and deciding what to get, we finally realized that Galerie Bistro was the only decent place left at such a late hour.

Swiss Dark Chocolate Fudge with scoop of Movenpick Vanilla Ice Cream (瑞士濃巧克力布朗尼) $380 NT
Swiss Dark Chocolate Fudge with Vanilla Ice Cream
It's funny, on their menu, they have two sizes of the chocolate cake: for one, and normal sized. Wanting to indulge ourselves, we decided to order the normal sized portion... to discover that I could easily clean off the normal sized one by myself. The chocolate fudge cake was extremely moist, rich, dark and yummy. I really liked the fudge on top of the cake as well as the vanilla ice cream and whipped cream on the side since they really did work well together. However, the nuts in the chocolate cake just seemed really out of place in such a fudgey cake, and although they tried to serve it warm, there were some cold bits in the middle of the cake and definitely wasn't warm enough for my liking.


Classic Italy Tiramisu (傳統義式提拉米蘇) $380 NT
Classic Italy Tiramisu
I have to say I was thoroughly disappointed with the tiramisu. From blog posts online as well as the little logo by the tiramisu on the menu, I was expecting the tiramisu to be good if not way above average. When I took a bite into it though, I was greeted with a yummy mousse on top, but an extremely soggy cake. With the wine in the dessert, the  flavor of the tiramisu was really good, but the texture of the cake was just way on the other end of the spectrum. Tiramisu expelling excess liquid as I chew on the cake is definitely not something I enjoy.

Out of the two desserts I tried, the chocolate fudge was definitely the better one. I've been to Galerie Bistro before, and the quality was definitely much better than what I had today. Maybe it was the late hour, or maybe their desserts just aren't as great, but either way, after today's visit, I don't think I would go back to Galerie Bistro for desserts. I'm not sure I would recommend Galerie Bistro, but if you're around the area or simply just want to try it out, it's an okay choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment