Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Monday, February 20, 2012

Robin's Grill

Visit: Feb. 18, 2012
Address: 台北市中山北路二段41號2F
Number: (02) 2523-1321
Website: http://www.grandformosa.com.tw/EN/Dining/RobinsGrill/ 

I know it seems like I'm forever celebrating my birthday. But hey, birthdays are big events (or simply an excuse to go eat). This time, I went to Robin's Grill with my friends.

Dinner Menus
Dinner Menu

Dinner menu: Bone-in Beef
 Robin's Grill is half buffet style. Once you order a main course, they serve appetizer, soup, coffee/tea and chocolate truffle and with that, you get full access to the small salad, appetizer and dessert bar.

Appetizer - Salmon Tartar on Cracker with Caviar
Salmon Tartar on Cracker with Caviar
 This cute dish was served on a slab of flat stone plate. The salmon tartar wasn't that great, everything was just a bit mediocre. The plating was cute though.

Bread - Garlic Bread, Cheese Bread, Rye Bread
From left: Garlic Bread, Cheese Bread (top), Rye Bread (bottom)
 The toasted garlic bread was really good and crispy when it was still warm, so make sure you eat it right when it's served! The cheese bread was sadly only cheese bits on the outer layer, the insides was just plain bread. The rye bread was from the buffet area so it was a little dry. I wish that I could have toasted it!

Soup - French Onion Soup au Gratin, Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup, and Lobster Bisque with Whipped Cream
French Onion Soup au Gratin
Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup
Lobster Bisque with Whipped Cream


I got the Lobster Bisque with Whipped Cream. This was a rich cup of soup with pieces of lobster in there. The creamy texture was very yummy, but if you aren't in the mood for something heavy, you might not like this.

Main Course: Fillet of Seabass ($1500NT), Seared Tuna Steak au Poivre ($1650NT), 8oz US Rib Eye Steak ($1650NT), and 6oz US Fillet Mignon ($1900NT)
Fillet of Seabass
Seared Tuna Steak au Poivre
8oz US Rib Eye Steak
  The rib eye was tender and done just right.
6oz US Fillet Mignon
At first glance, I thought that my fillet mignon seemed to be more medium than medium rare. But when I cut into it, the red perfection within made me smile. The fillet mignon was tender and was not as fibrous as the rib eye. I really liked the fillet mignon because it felt like it basically melted in your mouth (: The onion ring on the side was also the crispiest onion ring I've had in a while. It tasted more like onion chips.

Dessert - Buffet
Dessert

Dessert

Dessert

Dessert
 I know, we went a little crazy on dessert. The girls and I had all the different types of desserts (except for the Haagen-Dazs ice cream), and my conclusion? They're all pretty good. There were a few that needed improvement, but overall, it definitely satisfied my sweet tooth.

Coffee &Truffle
Coffee
 The coffee was a standard cup of brewed coffee. The truffle was jasmine flavored I think. While some of my friends liked it, I thought it was just a little weird.

Birthday Cake - 6in Cheesecake ($920)
Cheesecake

Cheesecake
 The plating was so cute!!! The cheesecake was really rich and creamy. Unlike the usual Taiwanese cheesecakes where it's a little bit airy, this was firm and dense. I'm not really a cheesecake person, but I really liked this. The only thing I wished was different was the crust. Instead of the usual crumbly cookie crust, this cheesecake had a little-firmer-than-cake-crust.

I was really impressed with Robin's Grill. The price of the steak was definitely reasonable and is definitely a steal with the amount of food we had. If you think that the steaks seemed small, think again because I didn't upload the pictures of the salad and appetizers from the buffet. The quality of steak was also amazing and surprisingly comparable to that of prime 168 (Ruth's Chris butter steak is a little different). Although I got one of the private rooms, the small environment outside seemed really cozy. I only wish that the buffet wasn't so far away from the dining area, but I guess that way, your dining atmosphere won't be destroyed by people constantly clinking utensils on plates at the buffet. This is somewhere I'd definitely visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment