Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Diner

Visit: Feb. 24, 2012
Address: 台北市信義區松壽路12號1樓 (Att4Fun)
Number: (02) 7737-5055
Website: http://www.thediner.htm.tw


Banana Chocolate Pancake 香蕉巧克力美式煎餅 ($330 NT)
Banana Chocolate Pancake
 This three-layer pancake was a bit of a frightening sight when it was first served. The seemingly abundant chocolate sauce drizzled on top of the warm pancakes promised to satisfy my sweet tooth; however, because the pancakes were a little dry and did not have as many chocolate chips as I hoped there would be, the chocolate sauce still wasn't enough. The whipped cream might seem like a gigantic portion, but you'll definitely clean off every last bit due to the huge portion of pancakes. The Banana slices that covered the surface area of the pancake  not only worked with the pancakes, but also helped me convince myself that this was a healthy meal.

Chicken Jambalaya 紐澳良什錦飯 ($390 NT)
Chicken Jambalaya
 When my friend got this dish, I was expecting a huge yummy portion of Spanish food. However, the Chicken Jambalaya was a disappointment. The pieces of Spanish ham though was flavorful, its quality did not extend to the overall dish. The most disappointing part was that the rice was so soggy that it just wasn't appetizing.

Brownie + Vanilla Ice Cream 巧克力布朗尼+香草冰淇淋 ($130 NT)
Brownie + Vanilla Ice Cream
I love it when brownies are served warm! The two generous scoops of ice cream contrasting the huge serving of warm brownie and chocolate sauce was just the thing to satisfy my sweet tooth. With chunks of walnuts within the moist brownie itself, I just couldn't stop myself from reaching for more of the brownie. Even though I shared the dessert with a friend, at the end of the dessert, I felt a little grossed out by the sugar from the vanilla ice cream and the the brownie.

I definitely recommend the diner to those craving some American food. The Diner offers a wide selection of breakfast dishes as well as sandwiches and burgers. Although I really enjoyed my brownie this time, I would definitely go back for the pecan pie and apple pie that I was eying the whole night.

No comments:

Post a Comment