Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Peak [山頂餐廳]

Visit: May 4, 2012
Address: 台北市士林區格致路124號
Number: (02)2862-2358

I'm so sorry to not have updated my blog in..forever. So honestly, since I had this a month ago, I'll admit that my memory will be a little fuzzy. So enjoy the pictures??

Menu



Tender Bean Curd mixed with Chinese Style Spice Extract (香椿豆腐) 80 NT
Tofu with Chinese Mahogany Sauce
 I have no idea why the restaurant has such weird names for the dishes.. but basically this is really tender tofu with Chinese mahogany sauce. The dish is really refreshing and yummy. I definitely recommend this dish.

Yam Thread with Plum Juice (梅汁山藥) 120 NT 
Yam Thread with Plum Juice
 The yam thread basically melts in your mouth and the sauce was sweet and a bit sour. It's one again refreshing and since I'm in love with plum sauces, I really liked the dish.


Dongpo Meat Slices with Mushroom Braised - 2 Pieces (砂鍋東坡肉 - 2 件) 360 NT
Dongpo Meat Slices with Braised Mushroom
 The Dongpo Meat was really fatty and the mushrooms thoroughly cooked. Order the dish if you don't mind the oiliness (:

Minced Meat Fried with Kidney Bean (乾扁四季豆) 200 NT
Minced Meat fried with String Bean
 The menu said kidney bean, but I'm pretty sure this is string bean. The restaurant does a pretty good job with this dish.


Sichaun Dried Hot Pepper fried with Strong-smelling Bean Curd - aka Stinky Tofu (宮保臭豆腐) 200 NT
Sichuan Dried Pepper fried with Stinky Tofu
 I really like how the stinky tofu was fried beforehand and the seasoning was also nice. This was one of my dad's favorite dishes.... since we order two of these every single time we go to The Peak.

Sego Root Ball fried with Asparagus (百合蘆筍) 280 NT

Sego Root Ball fried with Asparagus
The dish didn't make much of an impression.

Wild Herbs fried with Tree Fruits (樹子山蘇) 250 NT
Wild Herbs fried with Tree Fruits
The vegetable tasted a little too old for my liking, but the rest was okay.

Chicken Leg Meat fried with Sweet & Hot Sauce (左宗堂辣雞) 280 NT
Chicken Leg Meat fried with Sweet & Hot Sauce
Man, you know how I'm into spicy things... the flavoring of the chicken was just amazing. Perhaps it was a little too sour, but the spiciness and the texture of the chicken finally lived up to my expectations.

I really wanted to (but didn't get to) end the night with the honey toast I spotted on the menu, so I'll be looking forward to that during my next visit. Overall, The Peak is a decent restaurant I would recommend. The view is nice since it's on the mountain, but the restaurant doesn't have a very good interior design. Most of the dishes are all solid choices for a night out for dinner, but don't expect to be blown away since most of it is pretty standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment