Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Friday, June 22, 2012

Milo Milo [迷路.麋鹿]

Visit: May 10, 2012
Address: 台北市光復南路308巷42號
Number: (02)2740-3066
Website: http://www.milomilo.com.tw/

Ever since I've tried Flavors, I've been on the lookout for Swedish restaurants. When I looked online, Milo Milo seemed to get pretty decent reviews, so I decided to give it a try.

Menu 


Corn Soup + Bread - Set (玉米濃湯 + 麵包 - 套餐)
Corn Soup and Bread
Neither of these stood out at all. Both were standard although the corn soup was a little too watery for me.

Salad - Set (沙拉 - 套餐) 
Salad
 Once again, the tiny salad was just a standard fresh salad with the Japanese sesame dressing... I wasn't completely sure how that was Swedish.

Pork Knuckle with Sauerkraut (香烤豬腳) 420 NT
Pork Knuckle with Sauerkraut
I was a little surprised with how hard and uncrispy the skin of the pig knuckle was. The deep fried pork knuckle seemed to have been in the pan for too long or something. However, the meat wasn't all that bad as I expected it to me, it was actually quite moist. The mustard on the side and the sauerkraut tasted really weird though.

Rib Eye - Set (肋眼牛排 - 套餐) 480 NT + 150 NT
Rib Eye
My dad ordered the rib eye medium rare, but when it came, it was cooked medium. The rib eye wasn't that great, but the fries were really crispy and yummy. The sauces that supposedly go with the rib eye felt a little bit like concentrated canned soup.

Blueberry Custard  + Coffee - Set (藍莓奶酪 + 咖啡 - 套餐)
Blueberry Custard and Coffee

Honestly, I thought that I would hate the blueberry custard, but it was pretty good. The blueberry sauce on the top wasn't overly sweet and the custard on the bottom was a little bit frozen so it retained the slushy sort of texture. The entire cup was a really refreshing dessert.

Brownie with Ice Cream (巧克力布朗尼) 130 NT 
Brownie with Ice Cream
 I don't think that this should be called brownie... it's more like a cake. The cake was a little dry and I just wished that they served more of the fudge to add to the chocolatey of the cake.

When we entered the restaurant during lunch that day, the restaurant was completely empty. For half the meal, my dad and I were the only customers in the restaurant with one waiter. Despite the fact that the restaurant was so empty, the waiter seemed to be spacing out and I had to constantly walk to the bar he was standing at to get his attention. Overall, I would not recommend Milo Milo as the restaurant is unauthentic without even being good. Flavors is a much better restaurant to consider. 

No comments:

Post a Comment