Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Monday, June 25, 2012

Haagen-Dazs - Crunchy Romance

Visit: May 13, 2012
Address: 台北市忠誠路二段55號 B1
Number: (02) 8866-3093
Website: http://www.haagen-dazs.com.tw/

I'm pretty sure that I've been fantasizing about this cake for a few months now. I laugh at the memories of me trying to convince my mom to get Crunchy Romance at any possible occasion. I finally succeeded after such a long wait when mother's day rolled around.

Crunchy Romance (香脆濃情) 1800 NT
Crunchy Romance
So this is how Crunchy Romance works: 1 part coffee ice cream, 1 part Belgian chocolate ice cream, 1/2 part crunchy crust and perhaps 1/8 part of chocolate outer shell + whipped cream. Gah, the formula to ahhmazing. I'm usually not a big fan of ice cream cakes but Crunchy Romance is a huge exception. I just love how the coffee ice cream puts a twist on the sweetness of the cake and most importantly, it's not just chocolate ice cream but Belgian chocolate. Plus, with my love for chocolate and crust, I'm not sure how I can say no to the crunchy chocolate cookie crust that the layers of ice cream were served on.

Crunchy Romance Cross Section
 Okay, the picture of the messy cake doesn't look all that appetizing, but I promise it will be a wonderful gustatory experience. 

The post isn't all that unbiased so it's probably obvious that I would definitely definitely recommend the cake. Haagen-Dazs may often be overpriced, but I think good food is always worth it. I leave you with my final words of wisdom: go get Crunchy Romance now.

No comments:

Post a Comment