Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Friday, May 11, 2012

Wendel's German Bakery & Bistro [溫德德式烘培餐館]

Visit: April 29, 2012
Address: 台北市士林區德行西路5號
Number: (02) 2831-4592
Website: www.wendels-bakery.com/

After a very fulfilling lunch at Very Thai, my family had our very own afternoon tea with cakes my aunt brought over to my grandparents' house.

Banana Cake (香蕉蛋糕) $75 NT/piece
Banana Cake
The banana cakes look a bit dry, but they really aren't. They're not the extremely moist cakes, but I felt that the cakes were just right without being dry or greasy.

Coffee Walnut Cake (溫德焦糖咖啡) $65 NT/piece
Coffee Walnute Ckae
 I generally dislike cream and mousse cakes, but the coffee walnut cake wasn't too heavy.

Strawberry Cake (草莓蛋糕)  
Strawberry Cake
 The strawberry cake tastes exactly as it looks. The bottom section is simply a sponge cake base, while the top is strawberry jello with fresh strawberries.

Wendel's isn't my favorite bakery, but the cakes here are pretty decent. I'd recommend Wendel's for their pastries and breads.

No comments:

Post a Comment