Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Nanajyoutatsu [七條龍炭火燒肉]

Visit: April 28, 2012
Address: 台北市復興南路一段21號
Number: (02) 2740-3580
Website: www.nanajyoutatsu.com.tw/

 For some odd reason, I've just been craving meat recently. My friend being an awesome person, decided to satisfy my craving with some barbecue~

Menu


Fruit Sauce Beef (水果壺漬牛肉) $160 NT
Fruit Sauce Beef
Nope, this is not a tasty drink...but a cup full of raw beef in fruit juice. After I roasted the beef, the fruit taste wasn't that obvious, but the flavoring wasn't too bad. The meat though was really tough and fibrous.

Ox Tongue (牛舌 - 鹽蔥) $220 NT
Ox Tongue
 The ox tongue was really chewy.

Triple-flavored Filet Mignon (菲力三味) $250 NT
Triple-flavored Filet Mignon
 The triple-flavored filet mignon flavorings consisted of rose salt, butter and magnolia leaf. My favorite would probably be the rose salt and magnolia leaf flavored ones. The butter was just too oily without enough saltiness since the meat wasn't marinated at all.

Chicken Cartilage - Spicy (雞軟骨 - 辣味) $80 NT
Chicken Cartilage - Spicy
 The chicken cartilage actually lived up to the spiciness that I love. However, the cartilage itself was a little too hard and didn't strike the balance between hard and chewy.

Roasted Machi  (銬麻糬) $120 NT
Roasted Machi in the Making
Roasted Machi
 Here, they roast the machi in front of you and then cover it in sweetened condensed milk and then in peanut powder. The machi reminded me a lot of the rice cake that I love~ The machi was good~~~

We actually ordered a lot more, but I didn't take pictures of each of the dishes because I didn't think that raw meat would look very appetizing. We actually went to Nanajyoutatsu thinking that it was an all-you-can-eat restaurant, but it ended up being one that we had to order at. I assumed that the serving would be fast since it's raw meat, but it took forever for them to serve the food. It was also a challenge to flag down the waiters and waitresses even though there weren't that many customers at that time. The food was good overall, but there are definitely better barbecue places.

No comments:

Post a Comment