Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Trattoria di Primo

Visit: April 30, 2012
Address: 台北市復興南路一段107巷14號1樓
Number: (02) 2711-1726
Website: http://www.mr-cheese.com.tw/stores.aspx?id=13

I've been in quite the mood for some cheese lately so I found myself choosing this Italian restaurant for my lunch date.

Menu (part)


Lunch Set - Insalada di Stagione (季節沙拉)
Insalata di Stagione
The salad was just a pretty normal salad with cheese shavings and oil vinegar dressing.


Lunch Set - Zuppa del Giorno - Pumpkin Soup (Primo 主廚湯)
Soup
My memory is kind of failing me... I'm not completely sure if it was pumpkin soup, but I remember it not being too bad.


Lunch Set - Pizza A.O.P. - Garlic, Fresh Chili, Mozzarella, Grana Padano (經典A.O.P. 披薩) $320 NT
Pizza A.O.P.
 I've got to say, their pizza was pretty amazing. It wasn't too oily, and the crust was so chewy with such a nice texture. Although I don't think I ordered the right flavor as I should have ordered something with more a more elaborate combination of toppings since this was just a little too plain.


Lunch Set - Rotelle con Fegato Grasso alla Venezianna - Rotelle, Onion, Duck Liver, Onion, Basil, Garlic, Cherry Tomato with Tomato Sauce (威尼斯鵝肝車輪麵) $300 NT
Rotelle con Fegato Grasso alla Venezianna
 Okay, the rotelle was just so disappointing. The flavor was too bland, and it felt like the sauce and the rotelle were two completely separated entities.


 Selection of Desserts 
Clockwise from Tiramisu: Tiramisu, Citrus Chocolate, Lemon Tart, not sure, not sure, Berry Mousse
Center: Mascarpone
The waitress brought over a dessert platter for us to choose from since we wanted to order dessert. I'm not sure if the names are completely correct, but I did my best to translate them.


Mascarpone (麥斯卡邦內小點) $100 NT
Mascarpone
This was my first time having mascarpone. The mascarpone here had raisins mixed in it. I have to be honest, I was so excited to taste the mascarpone, but it just had the texture of unsalted butter/cream and not much taste. Maybe the restaurant didn't serve the mascarpone well, or maybe mascarpones just aren't my thing...

Overall, I would definitely recommend Trattoria di Primo. The lunch sets were extremely cheap considering the amount as well as quality you get. I'd actually like to come back to try their cheese plates, different kinds of pizzas as well as desserts. Remember to order their pizza if you ever get the chance to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment