Search Rumbly in Tumbly

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

On Tap - Restaurant & Bar

Visit: Jan. 15, 2012
Address: 台北市大安區忠孝東路四段216巷11弄21號
Number: (02) 2741-5365
Website: http://www.ontaptaipei.com

One morning in the midst of boring biology class, my friend strongly recommended on tap, an American restaurant and bar. Since then, it has climbed higher up my food list as I heard more an more good things. I’m not sure if it was because of my reunion with old friends that day, because I was pretty buzzed, or because it really was good food. All I know is that I had an awesome time.

The same friend who recommended on tap also loved their gravy cheese fries, but I ended up getting the chili cheese fried instead. What was awesome about the fries was that unlike usual Taiwanese cheese fries servings, most of the fries were able to get at least an edge of cheese if not covered yummily in them. The fries themselves were mediocre though because I would’ve liked them crispier. The same mediocrity applied to the chili, but then again, I’ve never been a fan of oily chunks of minced beef wallowing on top of my crispy fries.

My friend also got calamari salad which was a simple salad with fried calamari rings. I felt like the calamari could have been much crispier, but other than that, this was your typical salad.

From the left: Gin+Diet Coke, White Russian, Vodka+Sprite

 At on tap, I was also fortunate enough to visit during their happy hour. Out of all my $90 NT drinks: gin+diet coke, whiskey+diet coke, rum+diet coke, i definitely liked gin+diet coke the most. I also tried a bit of my friend’s white Russian which featured a sweet creamy white chocolate drink. I would definitely recommend it to all the sweet tooths out there. I also tried some of the margarita, except it wasn't frozen...so that felt a little gross. From all the diet cokes, I guess it’s quite obvious that I made a failed attempt at cutting calories because the gravy fries were obviously not enough, I finally caved in to tasty vodka red bull and brownie~~~

Brownie & Ice Cream
 My perspective might have been a little skewed from the alcohol, but I’m pretty sure my taste buds were telling me that the brownies were somewhat fudgy and yummy. These aren’t the super soft and moist ones, but were mildly chewy without being overly dry. With vanilla ice cream drizzling its essence onto the warm brownie propped nicely on the warm plate, this was the grand finale to the awesome experience.

I would definitely go to On Tap again for a relaxing drink or just food with friends. As of now, I would go back to On Tap rather than to Chilis or Outback simply because the fries were good and the atmosphere amazing at a reasonable price, but I have yet to try On Tap’s burgers which might just tip the scale to its disfavor. After this experience, I guess the only thing I really want to say is that mixing so many different kinds of alcohol is a bad bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment